Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Obsession Confession: Fonts

I create a serious amount of documents at work, and 90% of them are for high school students, so they don't have to be formal business docs.  I want them to captivate the attention of high schoolers like a tweet from their junt.  So you can imagine how excited I was when our tech department lifted the ban on downloading fonts.  How do you say free-for-all in German?  Now whenever I create a new document, I get on my favorite font website www.dafont.com, and I scroll through the pages looking for an interesting and relevant font to use.  


These are some of my recent favorites. 





I have also found several that mimic German handwriting, something that I never quite mastered. 

(Lemme me honest here.  I recognize that I'm probably the only one who notices these fonts, but it's cool.)


Any other font-philes out there? 

7 comments:

  1. I definitely recognize cool fonts when I see them...but I never seek them out on my own. In fact, I didn't know a website like that existed.

    I think it's crazy to think about creating a new font. Certainly it's done by hand in the beginning, right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could turn your handwriting into a font! It's so neat and unique.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I have heard it used in several instances.

      1. (n) person of the opposite sex with whom you joke around
      Example:
      Me: Is she your girlfriend?
      Boy: I ain't wit her. She my junt. We just playin.

      1. (n) person
      Example:
      Me: Oh, you're going to throw shot put? That's great!
      Girl: Yeah, I'm a strong junt.

      Delete
  3. dafont.com is dabomb.com

    Also I feel you'll really appreciate a key quote (you'll know it when you hear it) in this video, if you haven't seen it already. It's my favorite part:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-x8t0JOnVw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ashamed to admit I'm actually a fan of papyrus in certain contexts. Is it often the butt of font jokes? If we're going to be making fun of any font, shouldn't it be arial? Or is that too easy???

      Delete
  4. Do you know about Fonts For Peas? I think all of the fonts I used in the wedding invitations came from this site. http://kevinandamanda.com/fonts/fontsforpeas/
    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete