Sunday, June 16, 2013

One Fish, Two Fish, Pink Fish, Blue Fish

My friends Corrie and Michael are expecting a baby in November, and I volunteered to help with their gender reveal party.  Michael, resident fisherman, wanted to reel in a pink or blue fish from a lake.  I made the fish, and his friend (the only one with the inside info on the gender) attached the correct one to the pole and let Michael reel it in. 

I drew out the design on some leftover pieces of wood and then had them cut out with a jigsaw. 

Next came the painting.  I've been getting into painting more and more recently, and I've really been enjoying it.  After I was happy with the results, I sprayed each one with multiple (like 10) coats of clear water proof acrylic spray. 


Drilled holes in the mouths, attached a hook and a heavy sinker on each one so they wouldn't float. 

Here are C & M before the big moment. 

And the result.....

A GIRL! 

I'm thrilled for my friends and was so happy to be a part of their celebration. 

Annnnnnnd, not to self promote, but if anyone else is interested in a a fish-themed gender reveal party, I'm your girl. 

1 comment: