Sunday, February 16, 2014

Gold Medal Refashion

I got sucked into ice dancing this lazy Sunday afternoon (Yes, I agree.  Whhhhyyyy???  But it happened.)  I'm officially over Candy Crush.  (That is, until I'm not anymore.)  So I found myself looking for something to do.  A huge pile of potential refashions languishing in my sewing room shouted out to me, so I went foraging.  I actually can't even remember where I bought these pieces (perhaps Bargain Barn of Bartlett), but they went very quickly from drab to fab. 

I attacked the t-shirt first, turning it into a tank top. As you can see, I used an existing tank as the pattern and just sewed new seams. I didn't even bother hemming the neckline or arm holes, as it's jersey. We'll just see how long it lasts. 

For the skirt, I ripped out the back zipper, took it in about three inches, sewed the zipper back in and hacked off a couple feet off the bottom. Overall I'm very pleased with the look. 

This is probably how I'll style it. Note, I turned the couple feet I hacked off from the bottom into an infinity scarf. So easy! 

4 comments:

  1. As you stand for the National Anthem let your minions pick up your flower boquets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I don't stoop down. Even if it's for flowers.

      Delete
  2. Patti, seriously. How in the world do you just "whip up" new clothes?! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The operative word there is "whip." As I was leaving school today for an appointment, I sat down in my car and heard a loud riiipppp. Yep, the zipper ripped right out. Thankfully it happened in my car (and not in 1st period), and thankfully I was able to go home and fix it after the appointment.

      Delete