Saturday, August 26, 2017

Fashion Challenge: Week 4

It's a short week for the fashion challenge, because I missed school on Monday and Tuesday. The Clayton Clan coupled their annual canning camp with the solar eclipse in Madisonville, so we enjoyed three days of tomatoes and two minutes of totality. The eclipse was one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced. Nature, man. And as far as canning goes, it was a very productive year. I'll post our stats at some point. (Really need to update this post...) 

On to the fashion challenge!

Wednesday (Day 9): 

This week saw another Pattiwagon (+parents) original. This shirt began in 2014 in Uganda with Daddy Pattiwagon purchasing some beautiful emerald fabric for the seamstresses in his life. The fabric patiently waited for a year until Mama Pattiwagon and I started this peplum top with exposed zipper at a rendition of sewing camp two years ago. It was a great pattern and a great fit, but I made the whole shirt assuming I could buy a zipper to fit in later. Not so. So, the semi-completed top patiently waited until I got motivated this summer to finish it. The fix did involve superglue, a tried and true Pattiwagon technique. But I made it work, and I'm so happy with how it turned out. 

Pants are black J. Crew, so you'll be seeing those again. Shoes are a DC Rack Room purchase, a purchase I won't soon forget, as it involved losing my phone and seeking out a man (or more accurately, a guardian angel) named Malachi to find it. (Yeah, that's a long story. Thanks, Malachi.) 




Thursday (Day 10): 

What I'm enjoying most about this challenge so far is how varied I'm making my outfits. I haven't worn this blazer in a couple years, but I think it works with this look that channels Lily Tomlin in Big Business. (Side note: How does that movie have only a 6.3/10 rating on IMDB???) The pushed up sleeves make it just casual enough for school. Dress is linen, from old standby TJ Maxx. Blazer is from J. Crew, and shoes are nude Nine West flats.