Saturday, September 2, 2017

Fashion Challenge: Week 5


Yet another short week for the fashion challenge. We had an in-school volleyball game on Thursday, making it the perfect opportunity for a bonus jeans day. So, just three days this week. No complaints here. As this was the last week of August, I tried to wear some "last gasp of summer" looks. Neon green pants are slightly out of place in January. 

Monday (Day 10): 

This Old Navy dress goes way back, as in back to high school. I can't even figure out how many tag designs ago it was, as all the tags have fallen off. (Side note: I'm not sure why I felt the need to dress like a teacher when I was in high school.) But here I am all teachered out, matching it with a cardigan from Gap and pearls. Like this ice cream cone, I wonder if this dress will still be intact when I break it out next year. 

Tuesday (Day 11): 

I got these Target pants for Christmas a few years ago, and they have served me well. The photo really doesn't capture how blindingly bright they are. So I paired them with a more subdued top, a Lucky brand tank and my old reliable Sperrys. 

Wednesday (Day 12): 

I'm not sure where this maxi dress came from, but it's been another standby in the Pattiwagon wardrobe for several years. I like the print a lot, but it's one of those dresses I can only break out once or twice a year. Denim jacket ensures the look is school appropriate. Now, the denim jacket I can break out once or twice a week. I'm going to try to avoid it, but I may have to add it to my original list of exceptions. We'll see how it goes.