Thursday, September 28, 2017

Fashion Challenge: Week 8

After a couple back to back whirlwind weekends, life aboard the Pattiwagon calmed down a bit this week, as evidenced by the four work-attire outfits I had this week. No special days, no days off, just L-I-V-I-N and W-O-R-K-I-N. 




Monday (Day 19): 

Pink sweater from the Gap, purchased perhaps in college (?) with a beloved brown Old Navy skirt, purchased definitely in college. Nude Nine West flats purchased much more recently. Fairly nondescript but added some color to a muted week. 

Tuesday (Day 20): 

This is a very special dress that I bought when I was in middle school and very into vintage clothing. I got it, along with several other items, in Atlanta at a store called Psycho Sisters. Based on the zipper and construction, I'm pretty sure it's from the 1940s. Except for using it in a school project on 20th century fashion, I never wore it until I started working. And now I love it. It's definitely not the most glamorous look or the most beautiful dress, but it has a story. What that story is, exactly, I have to make up in my head, but maybe that's even more fun. 

Wednesday (Day 21): 

Another special outfit, made for my by dear sister Laurel. The skirt is linen with a giraffe embroidered at the bottom. Every time I wear it, I get tons of compliments on the uniqueness of the design. Wearing it with a black t-shirt, sweater, and mocs from Target. 

Thursday (Day 22): 

Blouse was a gift from dear sister Laurel and skirt is ancient Old Navy. Shoes are peep-toe Nine West and belt is Target, maybe. This wraps up my super teacher-y looks for the week.