Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Fashion Challenge: Week 9

When I started this fashion challenge, I had a lot of confidence that I could find enough outfits because of the seasons changing. Namely, I don't have enough summer outfits to last a full year, but I do have enough to get me into fall. And just enough fall to last until winter, etc. However, I guess I forgot that I live in Memphis in 2017. And apparently we're not having fall this year. (It was 93 yesterday.) I was talking to some friends about this, and my wise (and very fashionable!) friend Erin said, "Dress for the weather you want, not the weather you have." So I took that advice this week and decided all fall despite the 90s on the thermometer. 


Monday (Day 23): 

Military-inspired button-down with a canvas belt, J. Crew pants, and Target mocs. I'm not sure where this shirt came from, but it's been an occasional favorite in my closet for the past several years. 

Tuesday (Day 24): 

Plain gray button-down from Gap, fleece vest from Limited (haven't shopped there since high school...at least it's not Limited Too, my middle school store of choice), and corduroy capris from J. Crew. Paired with Sperry's and a new hair color (!). 

Wednesday (Day 25): 

Bargain Barn alert! This dress is originally from Old Navy, but I didn't have to pay those *exorbitant* prices. No, I found this dress in the Goodwill castoff bins for twenty-five...cents. I discovered this gem a few years ago, and it has been in the rotation every since. I am probably down to less than one cent per wear at this point. It amazes me that no one snatched it up at Goodwill for a whole two dollars, but I'm not complaining. Finds like this keep me going back to the Barn to sift through the dregs. I'm wearing it with black leggings, black Target cardigan, and black Nine West flats. 

Thursday (Day 26): 

Another fall look that would be even cuter with booties. Saving that for the next weekend fall activity. This shirt is from Target (circa 2003) and has a lot going on with it: plaid, pleats, ombre, buttons, and tie back. Somehow I think it all works. (I guess that's why I'm not a professional fashion designer.) I'm wearing it with black skinny jeans and Nine West sandals. 


Sorry for the tardiness of this post, Pattiwagoneers. I was sipping Bourbon in Kentucky with this cool cat. You understand the delay. He's a keeper. 



(To be honest, I did more spitting than sipping. Sorry, Kentucky, please don't disown me. Andy, on the other hand, became an honorary Kentuckian for the weekend: Keeneland, Commonwealth, and Bourbon. Check. Check. Check.)