Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh Baby! (Part 1)

This past weekend, my friends LB, and Katie, and I threw our friend Jackie a baby shower. Jackie's mother-in-law graciously offered us her immaculately decorated home as the venue.
I thought it was a fantastic shower, and I had such a fun time hosting. I volunteered to spearhead the food, so I was really excited about sharing some old favs and trying out some new recipes. Here are the appetizers I made:

Cream Cheese with Homemade Catsup and Crackers
This is a tomato camp recipe, and I'm not sure how closely guarded it is. Erring on the side of caution, I will merely tell you it is the perfect combination of sweet, spicy, and sour flavors. I served it with my favorite Trader Joe's pita bite crackers. 


Zucchini Tartlets
See recipe here. The only change I made was to turn them into "tartlets" and bake them in a mini muffin tin for 15 minutes. Scrumptious! 


Crudite and Bleu Cheese Dip
Recipe here.  I thought the dip tasted good, but the cutesy serving idea was not very conducive to getting a big scoop of dip or double dipping, two requirements when you are compelled to eat raw veggies at a party.  I got the idea from pinterest but chose baby food jars over shot glasses (for obvious reasons).  Perhaps the shot glasses would have worked better.  Vessel FAIL.
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment