Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Obsession Confession: Fonts

I create a serious amount of documents at work, and 90% of them are for high school students, so they don't have to be formal business docs.  I want them to captivate the attention of high schoolers like a tweet from their junt.  So you can imagine how excited I was when our tech department lifted the ban on downloading fonts.  How do you say free-for-all in German?  Now whenever I create a new document, I get on my favorite font website www.dafont.com, and I scroll through the pages looking for an interesting and relevant font to use.  


These are some of my recent favorites. 





I have also found several that mimic German handwriting, something that I never quite mastered. 

(Lemme me honest here.  I recognize that I'm probably the only one who notices these fonts, but it's cool.)


Any other font-philes out there?