Monday, March 12, 2012

Crafting + Cats

I am not shy about my love of the Kentucky Wildcats.  This borderline obsession has been going on for about the last 29 years of my life, but over the last three years, it has reached a new apex.  I have coupled my love of the cats with my love of crafting.  And enter, stage left, UK-inspired costumes for the SEC tournament:

Note: I am aware that I may lose some dignity with this post. Either stop reading now or judge not, lest ye be judged.  

2010, inspired by Demarcus "Boogie" Cousins, I made this outfit in reference to his predilection for wearing Buddy Holly glasses and a fur cap during his press conferences. 



2011, inspired by Josh "Jorts" Harrelson, I made jorts. Because what else would I have worn?


2012 went to the extreme. I was able to gain two converts in my mom and sister. We had several looks this year...
Laurel's shirt was inspired by Darius Miller, the most clutch player on the team. Susan's by the gesture Doron Lamb does after he makes a three-pointer. And mine by Anthony Davis and his beautiful unibrow.


Everyone loved the brow, including Texas Pete. He requested a picture with me! Anyone else find his costume a touch creepy?

         
Three goggles for all!
 
Tighten it up, Marquis!!

Unibrow family. This picture made it on the KSR College blog.

---------------------

Minus the loss in the finals, the tournament was a complete success. Here are some of my favorites: 

Mascot of the Tourney: Rebel, the Ole Miss mascot


I love his costume and constant surprised expression, and he definitely had the most energy out of all the mascots. 


And in my opinion, Ole Miss fans should be thankful they got rid of Colonel Reb, because an old man mascot is kind of gross. Case in point, Cornelius Vanderbilt (aka worst mascot). 


Dance Team of the Tourney: Ole Miss
They actually relied more on good dancing and less on hair flipping. 

Tweet of the Tourney: Thomas Beisner's about Skylar McBee banking in a three pointer to send the UT-Ole Miss game into overtime. 



Song of the Tourney: Dynamite by Taio Cruz
We heard this song approximately 30 times over the course of 11 games. (Runner-up: Rocky Top. We heard it exactly 12 times during UT's one game.)


Draw Something Clue of the Tourney: Unibrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment