Sunday, June 17, 2012

If Only I Had Vanilla Ice Cream

It is the rare occasion that I make dessert at home.  I have an insatiable sweet tooth and less than an ounce of self control.  This equals trouble when faced with the task of eating an entire recipe of brownies.  Some would call that task insurmountable.  Not me.  That's child's play.

I was feeling the call of the sweet tooth tonight, so I decided to come up with something akin to satiate the insatiable. This is my super-easy recipe for apple crisp for two. 

Apple Crisp



Ingredients:

2 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
juice of 1/2 a lemon
dash of vanilla extract (Do not omit!)
1/2 c oats (either old-fashioned or quick cooking)
2 T flour
2 T brown sugar
pinch of salt
1 T butter

Preparation:

  1. Preheat oven to 375. Toss the apples with the lemon juice and vanilla and place in a small casserole dish or bread pan or muffin tin (new idea!). 
  2. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. 
  3. Cut the butter into very small pieces and add to the dry ingredients. Using your fingers, mix in the butter with the dry ingredients until you have a pebbly texture. Some of the oats and flour will be loose. It's fiiiiiine. Promise. 
  4. Cover the apples with the topping. Bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes. The apples will be soft; the topping crunchy. 
  5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment