Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Note Card Embellishments

I've had several recent occasions to send cards to friends, and so I decided to pattiwagon these plain note cards.  (Side note: Did you know that pattiwagon is a verb?)  I got the idea from Spoonful of Sugar.  I used fabric (with interfacing ironed to the backside) for the whale and heart, and the penguin and pear are painted paper glued to muslin fabric.  I cut out the design and then sewed it straight onto the card.  Couldn't be any easier, and I love the way they turned out. 




I leave today for a Florida Thanksgiving. These are just a few of my favorite things about Thanksgiving (in no particular order): 

1. Mr. and Mrs. Pilgrim salt and pepper shakers. From Publix.

2. The stuffing. To be more precise, mining the stuffing for the sausage crumbles.  
3. The stuffing sandwich. What could be better on a sandwich than more bread?
4. College basketball. Which I will be watching live this year at the Old Spice Tournament in Orlando, cheering on my second favorite Wildcats
5. The banter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment