Monday, August 11, 2014

Canning Camp 2014

We canned, we camped, we conquered. 
Numbers for 2014:

294 jars of tomato juice, slurry, catsup, pizza sauce, salsa, and spaghetti sauce. (Roughly 34 gallons of product!) You can see recipes and past year's numbers by clicking on the "canning" label at the bottom of this post.

We had a five woman crew this year, and 2014 was no different - we worked HARD. But as I dig into my eggplant parmesan tonight, it's all worth it. And it'll all be worth it this winter when I make vegetable soup. And it'll all be worth it when I need a quick appetizer (catsup and cream cheese is always a hit!). And it's all worth it when I look back to time I got to spend with my family, bonding over bubbling pots, a steaming canner, and a Mt. Everest-sized mound of dirty dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment