Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bring on the Bargain Barn

I made my second ever trip to Goodwill's Bargain Barn yesterday and came home plus a sack full of clothes and minus $6.90. I documented my first trip here. After scrapping the button-down shirt into dress project I mentioned there, I needed some redemption on the refashioning. 

Eschewing the skeleton costume (Know I'll regret that one!), I opted for more wearable items to work on. 

I started out with this shirt. (I think it's a shirt at least?) It was enormous, offered no shape, and had weird vertical seams and a drawstring bottom. But I liked the pattern, so I wanted to see what I could do. 


After taking in the sides about 10 inches, taking out the white vertical seam and drawstring bottom, I ended up with this:


I'm very happy with the results. Imagine a big smile on my perfectly made up face in the photo above. (Also imagine my perfectly coifed hair. Ahem.)

Here's a preview of tomorrow's project. Pepto pants, anyone? 


No comments:

Post a Comment