Tuesday, August 1, 2017

New School Year = New Challenge

As my loyal readers know, Pattiwagon loves a bargain, and Pattiwagon loves a challenge. You may remember my two No Spend Month challenges a few years ago, both of which resulted in some very interesting meals. (Did I really eat a condensed milk sandwich? Yes, yes, I did. And I loved it.)

It's a new school year and a new resurgence of the blog, so I'm embarking on a fashion challenge. You may be familiar with the idea of a capsule wardrobe. While I love that idea, I currently have what I would consider to be the opposite of a capsule wardrobe: so many random (and cheaply-made; see: Bargain Barn) clothes that don't really go with anything else. So, I'm turning my clothing collection frowns upside down with this challenge. 

Here are the rules: 

1. Wear a different outfit every day of the school year from now until Christmas break. 
2. Do not purchase any new clothing. If I would like a new outfit, I can either hit up the BB and refashion or make something from scratch. 
3. Document my outfits with weekly blog posts. Starting Friday! 
4. At the end of the challenge, donate/discard any (school-appropriate) clothing I didn't wear. 


Here are the exceptions: 

1. Fridays will not count on the challenge, because those are jeans + staff shirt days, and I'm not going to forgo that teacher treat. (So that leaves approximately 72 different outfits to come up with.) 
2. I'm allowed to repeat my black pants, black leggings, black t-shirt, and any shoes. 
3. I'm allowed to buy new running shoes/equipment. (Marathon training, yo!) 

Wish me luck, loyal readers! And please don't make fun of me when I wear the clothing equivalent of a condensed milk sandwich. 

And, for good measure, here's Baby Pattiwagon on her very first day of school: 
The pinnacle of my modeling career. I am giving the camera everything I have.