Friday, October 20, 2017

Fashion Challenge: Week 11

As you may have noticed, I'm getting back into the blogging game a little more. I'm working on revamping the site to make it more user friendly, and I've opened up the comments. So feel free, Pattiwagoneers, to post, respond, suggest, recommend, critique. Only when you like stuff though. ;) On with the show! 


Monday (Day 30): 

Today was school picture day, so I wanted to put a little more effort into my look. I opted for my perennial St. Patrick’s Day shirt (gift from dear friend Ellen from Anthropologie), my standby black J. Crew pants, and Malachi shoes. Just send me your orders for school pictures prints. 8x10 glossy, anyone?

Tuesday (Day 31): 

Pattiwagon Original Alert! This is one of the favorite items I have ever made. Unfortunately, I’m posing a little strange in the first picture (shoulders back, girl), so the sweater looks a little tired. I made this several years ago out of two sweaters, and I have enjoyed breaking out every so often. Each time I do, I'm surprised that it's still intact. Maybe I have a little more attention-to-detail in sewing than I give myself credit for. Another pair of standby pants, J. Crew black jeans and black booties (from TJ Maxx, maybe?) on the bottom.


Wednesday (Day 32): 

Hi, first year teacher. I bought this outfit fresh out of college, when I was desperate to seem older than I looked. (Dress is from Target; jacket, Banana Republic; and shoes, Nine West.) That effort is no longer necessary, and this look is not one of my favorites. I haven’t worn the dress in a few years; however, that’s what this fashion challenge is all about. I’m digging in the back of the closet to rediscover some hidden gems. While this may be more of a hidden rock, I broke it out on this October Wednesday.


Thursday (Day 33): 

This October Thursday sees one of my favorite hidden gems from the past, this skirt from high school. It’s either a Delia’s (over the phone) order or an Eastland Mall Wet Seal purchase. It has done me well for the past 16 (!) years, and it’s still going strong. Sadly, Wet Seal can’t say the same. I paired it with a black Target shirt and sweater and Steve Madden/DSW booties.

No comments:

Post a Comment