Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Vacation?

So far I have spent every day of my summer vacation at school, preparing for the summer workshop I teach in July. But it's not as bad as it seems. We have most of the content ready, so this week, we've been getting to do all the fun, crafty stuff.

I have always LOVED making stuff this. I won the science fair in the 8th grade, not because of my science, but because of my adorable graphics and perfectionism with my display board. I studied the effects of caffeine on mealworms, and the graphic motif of my display was a worm drinking a cup of coffee. I mean come on. They had to give me first place.

Our theme for summer workshop is Hollywood, so here are some things we've made:


Huge sign for our main wall. It's 12' x 6'!


MGM replica. New animal discovery. Bion = bear + lion.

Keeping with the theme, we're making a 45 for each group. We'll write the names of the group members on each 45 and hang them on the walls as well. I made eight of these, and here are my two favorites.


On the agenda for tomorrow: Wheel of Fortune board. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment